Re: LP API: snapshots and collections

On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 18:06 +1200, Robert Collins wrote:
> Is there ever a case where a CollectionField should not be marked
> 'doNotSnapshot' ?
>
> If not, or if its very rare, I'm wondering if we can nip a bunch of
> timeouts/slow api/slow pages quickly by changing CollectionField to be
> automatically doNotSnapshot (and offer a snapshot() to enable it where
> it should be enabled).

I cannot think of an example where it is possible for a user to directly
edit a list linked to an object and we record that activity or email it.

There Will still be a big chunk of Attributes on interfaces that are not
exported, and they are returning collections. Looking at IPerson, I see
specifications, assigned_specs, etc...

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/