Re: New coding standard for formatting imports

Hi Henning,

That output only means there was a problem building Mailman. When there are no
errors, that step is silent. Most of it are useless warnings.

The bit that is failing is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "buildmailman.py", line 224, in <module>
    return_code = main()
  File "buildmailman.py", line 219, in main
    return build_mailman()
  File "buildmailman.py", line 150, in build_mailman
    monkey_patch(mailman_path, config)
  File
"/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/mailman/monkeypatches/__init__.py",
line 44, in monkey_patch
    from canonical.launchpad.helpers import get_email_template
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/helpers.py", line 28, in
<module>
    from canonical.launchpad.interfaces import (
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/interfaces/__init__.py",
line 11, in <module>
    from canonical.launchpad.interfaces._schema_circular_imports import *
  File
"/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/interfaces/_schema_circular_imports.py",
line 35, in <module>
    from lp.blueprints.interfaces.specification import ISpecification
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/lp/blueprints/interfaces/specification.py",
line 51, in <module>
    from canonical.launchpad.interfaces.validation import valid_webref
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/interfaces/validation.py",
line 33, in <module>
    from canonical.launchpad.interfaces.launchpad import ILaunchBag
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/interfaces/launchpad.py",
line 30, in <module>
    from canonical.launchpad.webapp.interfaces import (
  File "/var/launchpad/test/lib/canonical/launchpad/webapp/__init__.py", line
48, in <module>
    from canonical.launchpad.webapp.launchpadform import (
ImportError: cannot import name action

That should point you in the right direction. (Probably something created by
your formatter.)

Running make clean and trying to build locally should reproduce the failure.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx