Re: Implementation plan for derived distros UI

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2010-08-20 17:40, Michael Nelson wrote:
>
>> It'd be great to get some feedback from stub or other people with more
>> postgre-foo than me to confirm or deny the following assumptions:
>
> (Stern Look) It's "postgres," not "postgre."

Sorry for the typo :)

>> 1. This UI will require a new model/database table.
>> Even if a query is possible to generate the information displayed
>> there, it would be too slow for a view (?), and would not provide a
>> way to store extra information such as the comment, or whether the
>> item is ignored without hacking these onto existing models.
>
> See if DistroSeriesPackageCace might be of an use to you.

Thanks for the pointer, but I'm not sure how DSPCache would help? It's
for caching binary package info in a distroseries. We could do
something similar for caching source package info in a distroseries
and adding some extra fields to suite our needs, but we'd end up with
a new table pretty much as proposed (ie. DistroSeriesDifference). Or
did you have something else in mind?

Thanks!
-M