Re: Full deployments?

On 10/09/10 00:37, Martin Pool wrote:
> On 10 September 2010 03:13, Elliot Murphy <elliot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The closed source provider was thrown in the trash and replaced with a
>> much better AGPL version. If you notice the footer of login.ubuntu.com
>> and login.launchpad.net you will see they both mention being AGPL and
>> have links to the source code, which is here:
>> https://launchpad.net/canonical-identity-provider/
>>
>> I don't think there are any missing components. Have fun, let us know
>> how it goes!
>
> That's great, and news to me.  Just a little while ago someone was
> complaining the source was not published.

It's not, however, very well published. There's sourcecode there, but
it's in no way ready to run straight out of the branch. You have to pore
over it, realize that the "schemaconfig" thing is still closed source,
find the alternative manage.py elsewhere in the tree, compose your own
configuration from scratch, find that the metapackage which is the ISD
equivalent to launchpad-developer-dependencies is also closed source, ....

I've yet to make it run.

Max.