Re: How to QA your code for continuous rollouts

On September 23, 2010, Maris Fogels wrote:
> = Has my branch been deployed yet? =
>
> We have created HTML reports that shows the QA status of all of the
> revisions on stable and db-stable:
>
>   https://devpad.canonical.com/~lpqateam/qa_reports/deployment-stable.html
>   https://devpad.canonical.com/~lpqateam/qa_reports/deployment-db-
stable.html

Hi Maris,

Thanks a lot to Diogo, Ursula and you for these changes! This is greatly
appreciated.

A few nit-picks on the reports.

* It says 'Revision X can be deployed to edge'. That should be 'production'
since we are getting rid of edge and currently automatically deploying to it.

* If the first revision is undeployable, the message reads weird 'Revision can
be deployed to edge'

* You need some special logic to handle the automatic merge from stable. These
are marked as orphaned. Which doesn't make sense. In the ideal world, we
should probably mark them as qa-ok once all the revisions contained in the
merge are marked as qa-ok/qa-untestable.

Cheers

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx