Re: How to QA your code for continuous rollouts

On September 27, 2010, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Friday 24 September 2010 03:50:42 Maris Fogels wrote:
>
> There's one more scenario that I'd like to see - marking a change as
> already qa-ok when it lands.  In the Soyuz team we frequently do QA on
> unlanded branches on the dogfood server, partly because it's easy for us
> to do this, and partly because we're extremely uncomfortable landing some
> kinds of changes without a *lot* of QA first (over several weeks).
>
> Right now I am using the [no-qa] tag for PQM which makes the scripts mark
> the bug as qa-untestable.  I'd like it if we could have a [qa-ok] as well
> to indicate that QA was indeed carried out sucessfully.  This would also
> reduce my frustration when I forget that the tagger script happily removes
> my qa-ok tag and replaces it with something else. ;)

I think this is a sensible request. There are some other use cases where a
change is QA-ed on staging by a manual merge before being landed. (That
happens for release-critical bug fixes or security fixes).

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx