Re: performance tuesday - time for a spike on testing

One of the things I'd forgotten was that testr wasn't handling
'stories' (the NN-name doctests) because they don't fit in the
unittest framework at all well, tests are expected to be atoms, but
they report multiple child ids.

I ended up with a fragment to kick off a parallel test, which isn't
[yet] committable, and a patch fixing up a bunch of dross as well as
making testr more reliable with ec2 failures - it will now handle
stories properly.

Next step should get a correct harness to kick off parallel tests, and
then we can iterate on making them actually pass.

-Rob