Re: performance tuesday - time for a spike on testing

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Stuart Bishop
<stuart.bishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Robert Collins
> <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One of the things I'd forgotten was that testr wasn't handling
>> 'stories' (the NN-name doctests) because they don't fit in the
>> unittest framework at all well, tests are expected to be atoms, but
>> they report multiple child ids.
>
> I wonder if we can just concatenate the doctests into a single big one
> rather than run them individually with disgusting hacks to avoid the
> intermediary teardowns? Might take some work fixing things so line
> numbers and filenames of failures are reported correctly - not sure if
> doctest natively supports loading the test from multiple files.

Doctest doesn't, but I don't think it would be hard to make a Manuel
plugin that would load a set of doctests and run them as a single test
while continuing to report failures with the original file names and
line numbers.
--
Benji York