Re: Failures in ec2

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:42:27 +0100, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This seems a lot like https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/193253,
> although there it's a socket leaking check rather than a thread
> leaking check. I don't know what's caused it to regress.
>
> Specifically, there's code hidden by bzrlib that isn't cleaning up
> after itself. Whether it should or not is an open question. From one
> point of view, our thread checker is being overzealous, catching a
> leak in something that's never going to affect production. From
> another point of view, HttpServer.stop_server() should darn well stop
> the server.

I just remembered this bug too, which seems relevant:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-code/+bug/564375

Steve said that he added a join to bzrlib and it didn't help though.
Aaah, we also use HttpServer in
lp.codehosting.puller.tests.test_worker.TestWorkerProgressReporting --
this probably needs to be changed to use the "FixedHttpServer" from
lp.codehosting.puller.tests.  Steve, can you try that on Hudson?

Cheers,
mwh