Re: zcml overrides and parallel testing

On October 17, 2010, Robert Collins wrote:
> it would be nice if I knew why we had the -appserver variation though,
> I don't understand why its necessary or beneficial.

This configuration is used for integration tests that tests through the
appserver for talking over a socket.

That is used for some API tests, but it was first used was for the Mailman
integration tests. It's now also used for Windmill tests which tests through
the brower.

The main differences with the regular testrunner are:

- Specifies different root urls (with the port on which the external server is
running)

- Use a special mailer configuration which sends over SMTP to a process
capturing emails in a mailbox that can be inspected.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx