Re: Triaging bugs

Am 13.10.2010 03:02, schrieb Robert Collins:
> I'm very glad to know that you look at the translations bugs so
> regularly and closely; however this means that we need different rules
> for different facets of LP; if something is a timeout bug we have a
> policy which means anyone in the team (LP developers, for clarity) can
> triage it accurately (high, triaged, tag: timeout). But we need to
> *not* do that for Translations?

AFAIUI the rule is that the CHR person dispatches bugs filed against
"launchpad" to the right application (but does not triage them) while the team
leads triages all bugs for the particular application.

So, all team leads should be doing that and I believe they are. I am not aware
of the timeout policy but if that is so, I am sure Danilo did not mean to
exempt rosetta from that exemption ... ;-) If that means the bug will
automatically be triaged to "Critical", it would get his attention anyway.

> It seems to me that making yourself into the sole triager creates a
> bottleneck and its less flexible than working with the shared data in
> the bugtracker and allowing anyone to triage (if they have the
> knowledge).

Well, for the time that Danilo was away in June he gave that responsibility to
me. I don't know if he remembered to do so for last week. ;-) But the traffic
is quite low, only four new bugs for rosetta atm.

Henning