Re: Experiment proposal: Optional Reviews

On 10/20/2010 10:43 AM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> On October 19, 2010, Maris Fogels wrote:

>> Do we want a quantitative measure of how long it takes to land code before
>> and during this experiment?  The difference from MP creation to PQM
>> submission should show a drop.  And we don't have to measure anything if
>> we all feel a change is "the right thing to do".
>

> That's a local optimization measurement. We should compare the average cycle
> time which is currently between 12-14 days. If this really removes a flow
> impediment, we should see more stuff done in less time, so the average cycle
> time should go down.

I have a plan to make that measurement happen.  We also need it to measure our
new merge workflow, new QA process, and simplified merge machinery work.

Maris

--
Māris Fogels -- https://launchpad.net/~mars
Launchpad.net -- cross-project collaboration and hosting