Re: Experiment proposal: Optional Reviews

On Oct 20, 2010, at 10:51 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Code reviews can be a chance to show people how much you care about
> helping them learn the code and get their change in.  I feel this is
> the best way to get them to come back and improve more things - much
> better than holding the original patch hostage until more work is
> done.

Amen. 2 years ago I had the privilege to help build a brand new product from zero lines of code, and I got amazing results when I stopped looking at code reviews as a way to improve the quality of the code coming in and more as a way to give the reviewer a chance to learn how a change would affect the system so that more than one person was familiar with how things worked.

| Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/ | sent from my pocket computer |