Re: changing security.cfg in ReleaseFeaturesWhenTheyAreDone process

On October 21, 2010, Curtis Hovey wrote:
> The fix for [Merged accounts are left behind with cached karma totals]
> (https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/190242) could
> involve a permission change in security.cfg.
>
> Is security.cfg applied to all servers automatically, ie, can I land
> this change in devel and see it released after QA on qastaging?
>
> Do I land permission changes in db-devel, QA on staging, and release in
> week 4?

Currently, security.cfg cannot be applied automatically. So you need to land
changes to security.cfg to db-devel.

If the fix only involve a permission change, you can ask to apply manually the
permission to the system.

Bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/54009 which is on Foundations radar will
remove that limitation.

--