Launchpad @ UDS

So, UDS was a fantastic week. Some (but not all) of the conversations
and issues relevant to Launchpad were captured on
https://dev.launchpad.net/Sprints/UDS-N.

UDS was its normal high energy frenetic self, from my perspective. It
was great to see many many conversations between Ubuntu focused people
and Launchpad developers about what we are doing, their pain points
(and things that are working well).

I had a couple of observations about the week as a whole...

Firstly, its a real shame that LP is so hard to develop on - many
times I'd say 'we'd love patches' and get a bit of a grimace as a
result :(. We should, once we fix the fulltime development efficiency
story, start working on the drive-by story.

Secondly, there is a massive pent up demand for improvements to our
existing facilities: i18n, mirror probing, PPAs and many other aspects
of Launchpad were discussed in a 'its great but would be wonderful if
it also supported ...'.

Lastly, I think it would be awesome if we could (particularly now that
we're releasing more often) get the requestor of a change more
involved in the shape that it takes and assessing whether we've
successfully met their needs. Exactly how I'm still very fuzzy on -
after all we don't need more handoffs or stalls.

-Rob

Follow ups