Re: Launchpad @ UDS

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, UDS was a fantastic week. Some (but not all) of the conversations
> and issues relevant to Launchpad were captured on
> https://dev.launchpad.net/Sprints/UDS-N.

I'll be dumping more stuff there over the course of the week.  Thanks
for the reminder.

> I had a couple of observations about the week as a whole...
>
> Firstly, its a real shame that LP is so hard to develop on - many
> times I'd say 'we'd love patches' and get a bit of a grimace as a
> result :(. We should, once we fix the fulltime development efficiency
> story, start working on the drive-by story.

+1 to everything here. I had the same observation, and agree with the ordering.

However, I'm sure there are people reading this who contribute
casually who would be able to do things today to make LP easier for
other drive-by contributors.

> Lastly, I think it would be awesome if we could (particularly now that
> we're releasing more often) get the requestor of a change more
> involved in the shape that it takes and assessing whether we've
> successfully met their needs. Exactly how I'm still very fuzzy on -
> after all we don't need more handoffs or stalls.

I agree. The LEP template encourages listing these people as well the
date on which you last spoke to them. It's intended to be a nudge in
this direction.

I guess it's not working as well as it might, so I'm open to other suggestions.

jml