Re: lp namespace on pypi.python.org

* Robert Collins <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-11-03 03:48 +1300]:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 3:39 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
> <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > lp isn't a namespace package in Launchpad. I guess that's what Robert is
> > hinting at by the "no good story". It was meant to be, but it seems that we
> > added .py directly in it, at some point. And it misses the namespace
> > registration declaration. I've filed bug 669938 about this.
> >
> > In the mean time, we could use a lpx namespace for applications building on
> > top of Launchpad?
>
> I'd be fine with having a namespace package for lpx, fwiw. I think
> that would be better in fact, than having external trees directly
> injecting code into 'lp'.

I like it, my concern is mostly to be consistent with Launchpad moving
forward. For example, since I have a fixation with the Librarian, would
it make sense if I eventually extracted it as a standalone package to
have it also reside under the lpx namespace?

--
Marc Tardif <marc.tardif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: cr3, Jabber: cr3@xxxxxxxxxx