Re: Page and Windmill Test Experiment

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Paul Hummer <paul.hummer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 11:05 AM, Gary Poster wrote:
>> I've wanted to put Windmill on buildbot/Hudson, separately from the test suite and more as something that blocks rolling out, rather than landing.  Perhaps running them in isolation like that would reduce their fragility.  I don't want the results to be ignored.
> Maybe that's what we should do then, instead of killing the tests.  We
> can defer them to be a more "integration test" test run.  That might
> help us to see where we're really getting value, without actually having
> to kill the tests.

Bear in mind, too, that I'm not just arguing that test failures are
causing problems with Windmill, I'm arguing that the entire overhead
is weight which brings little benefit compared to the weight.  So
while I see moving to running this via Hudson as an improvement, it's
just more work for Windmill with what I think is little gain.  The
idea of the experiment is to try to verify this assertion.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge