Re: Page and Windmill Test Experiment

On Nov 2, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

> I would suggest we do it differently then to ensure that possibility:
>
> Stop running pagetests/windmill pre-commit. Move them to a standalone buildbot
> that runs them exclusively, as much as it can. That buildbot blocks
> deployment, so no deployment of a stretch of QA revisions until a clean
> windmill/pagetests is blessed.

To state the probably obvious, this makes sense to me.

Also, this kind of thing was already in the vague future plans for the Foundations team.  We would take it on, after the https://dev.launchpad.net/Foundations/Proposals/SimplifyMergeMachinery change is made (which has just been started by Maris, Diogo, and Ursula, with Paul's help).

Gary