Re: Launchpad's mailman has conflict markers in trunk preventing clean build

On Nov 08, 2010, at 12:04 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:

>I don't really know where to report this, so I guess the mailing list
>is the best place.
>
>In sourcecode/mailman (lp:~launchpad-pqm/mailman/2.1 according to my
>config), the file ./messages/vi/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po has got lots of
>conflict markers, which prevents mailman from cleanly building.
>
>I don't know how to correctly fix this conflict. I'm also not sure why
>it hasn't bit us in the past (esp since the code has been unchanged
>for over a year). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know either and I don't remember seeing this.

The file is unnecessary for Launchpad's use of Mailman though.  It's the
Vietnamese translation file for upstream.  Probably the easiest thing to do is
just blow away the file in that branch and drop in the upstream version:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/annotate/head%3A/messages/vi/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po

Ping me on irc if you have any questions.
-Barry