Re: Windmill help... failures on lp:launchpad/devel

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 10:38 +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> his is obviously related to the discussion about how much value we
> get from the tests, but I've not seen any data saying that *windmill*
> is our problem. It seems to be hard to use correctly, and we seem to
> be failing to use it correctly in at least some places. Which sucks
> :(.

The "correctness" issue is broader that windmill. I think there is a lot
of needless repetition in the tests, just like most stories/pagetests.
The PPA title test I changed a few days ago is an example. It uses a
help to test the behaviour of the widget. The helper is used in two
other tests.

We test each configuration once, but the widget's behaviour is tested 3
times. I do not need to test the configurations in windmill, I can do
that in a python unittest. I would be satisfied to test the widget
behaviour in fake page that acts as a harness for the required markup.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/