Re: Landing lazr-js upgrade blocked by Windmill, A Proposal

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 01:00:30PM -0600, Deryck Hodge wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Robert Collins
> <robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Man, it sucks that our infrastructure here is so broken [No one needs
> > more than 640K].
> >
> > This plan has some risk in it. Have you considered fixing Windmill? It
> > may be unmaintained upstream, but we're still using it.
>
> Yes, I did consider fixing Windmill.  There's an assumption there that
> I *can* fix Windmill.  Okay, so I'll give myself the benefit of the
> doubt.  Let's say I can. :-)  Then there's the assumption that fixing
> the 512k bug will unblock this landing.  We don't know what other
> problems might be lying around with so much JavaScript.  We know the
> 512k bug is the current problem.  I could spend a couple days getting
> that fixed and still not be able to land this branch.

You could at least spend 5-10 minutes trying. The original bug about
this is this one:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/519744

(Not sure why it's marked fixed, since the issue was never fixed, only
worked around).

Comment #1 has a suggestion on a possible fix/workaround in Windmill.
I would suggest trying to change that constant and see what happens.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt