Distribution permissions for Ubuntu

I would like to get some help in sorting out a long-standing issue with
permissions for the Ubuntu distribution in Launchpad.  There are a variety
of super-powers which are held by the people and teams who occupy the
following roles:

- Maintainer
- Driver (global and per-series)
- Bug supervisor
- Release manager (per-series)

Brian also mentioned a "distro series owner" but I can't find that in LP.

Including things like targeting bugs and blueprints, branching a new release
of Ubuntu, and so on.  At present, it's very unclear which role has which
privileges.

Our objectives are:

1.To ensure that the people who require these privileges have them, and no
  one else does (for safety's sake)

2.Make it clear which roles hold which permissions, so that we don't get
  into a tangled mess like this again in the future

The following bug contains some additional history (we just passed its
3-year anniversary):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+bug/174375

Brian Murray did some work on this recently, but I'm having trouble working
out what remains to be done.

I've tried to piece together the current status from the email and bug
record, and it's still too confusing.  I would appreciate if someone could
fill out this template for me:

The Maintainer of Ubuntu has the following privileges:

- (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
- ...

The Bug Supervisor for Ubuntu has the following privileges:

- (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
- ...

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugsupervisor says "The Launchpad id of
the person or team (preferred) responsible for bug management. The bug
supervisor will be subscribed to all bugs and will receive email about all
activity on all bugs for this project, so that should be a factor in your
decision. The bug supervisor will also have access to all private bugs."

The Driver for Ubuntu (or a particular Ubuntu series) has the following
privileges:

- (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
- ...

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+driver says "The person or team responsible
for decisions about features and bugs that will be targeted for any series
in this distribution. Note that you can also specify a driver on each series
whose permissions will be limited to that specific series."

The Release Manager for an Ubuntu series has the following privileges:

- (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
- ...

The only other special role I'm aware of is Mirror Administrators, which
seems sufficiently documented on https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+selectmirroradmins

Once we know what privileges are associated with these different roles, we
will probably want to:

- Make any further tweaks necessary so that these roles are coherent

- Create and assign teams as needed so that the right people have the right
  sets of permissions

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
 - mdz