Re: Distribution permissions for Ubuntu

Hi Matt,

У уто, 14. 12 2010. у 16:51 +0000, Matt Zimmerman пише:
> I would like to get some help in sorting out a long-standing issue with
> permissions for the Ubuntu distribution in Launchpad.  There are a variety
> of super-powers which are held by the people and teams who occupy the
> following roles:
>
> - Maintainer
> - Driver (global and per-series)
> - Bug supervisor
> - Release manager (per-series)

There are also translation-related privileges:
 - setting translation focus
 - setting translation group
 - managing translation imports queue
 - managing language packs

At the moment, apart from setting translation focus series and setting
translation group (which one of the above roles can do, I am not sure
exactly which), we kind of special case other Ubuntu
translations-related privileges to the owner of the Ubuntu Translators
translation group, which is "Ubuntu Translation Coordinators" (UTC, oh,
how appropriate an abbreviation) team.

Not sure how interested are you in this, but it might be worth including
in the discussion.  Especially since we'll probably move the setting of
translation focus to the UTC (mostly because we are not sure who can do
it either), so they have a direct say in what Ubuntu release should
translators focus on.

If you are not interested in these things, or at least simply believe
that whatever we do it'll be good, feel free to ignore me :)

Cheers,
Danilo