Re: Distribution permissions for Ubuntu

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to get some help in sorting out a long-standing issue with
> permissions for the Ubuntu distribution in Launchpad.  There are a variety
> of super-powers which are held by the people and teams who occupy the
> following roles:
>
> - Maintainer
> - Driver (global and per-series)
> - Bug supervisor
> - Release manager (per-series)

> I've tried to piece together the current status from the email and bug
> record, and it's still too confusing.  I would appreciate if someone could
> fill out this template for me:
>
> The Maintainer of Ubuntu has the following privileges:
>
> - (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
> - ...
>
> The Bug Supervisor for Ubuntu has the following privileges:
>
> - (the unique class name and what it means in plain English)
> - ...

> Once we know what privileges are associated with these different roles, we
> will probably want to:
>
> - Make any further tweaks necessary so that these roles are coherent
>
> - Create and assign teams as needed so that the right people have the right
>  sets of permissions
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Matt,

I'd be happy to help you with this. I think it would be *much* easier
to figure out sitting down in person. Would you like to get together
at the Platform Rally so we can sort it out?

>From the LP side of things, I'd like to see how well the slots we have
fit Ubuntu's needs, and to file some better, more specific bugs about
how we can make the permissions, roles etc more self-explanatory.

jml