Re: lazr-js upgrade: devmode slow for now

Hi Deryck,

У пет, 03. 12 2010. у 08:30 -0600, Deryck Hodge пише:

> Another note on the lazr-js upgrade (sorry for all the noise on this):
>
> Developing locally is extremely slow for page loads right now due to
> the 450+ JavaScript files that are loaded.  Yes, this is insane, but
> see my previous emails on really needing a combo loader.  After I
> finish QA today, I'll turn to this issue and see if there's anything I
> can do to make this better until I finish getting us a loader.

Do you have any estimate as to when this is going to be fixed?  It's
very annoying, especially when you are trying to deal with plenty of
tiny branches for the bug jam :)

> In the meantime, you can work around this by turning off devmode,
> which will load the single minimized launchpad.js file as we do in
> production.  You can do this even if you're hacking on JavaScript, but
> you will have to remember to run `make jsbuild` between changes to
> JavaScript files, though.  This is not ideal, I realize, but it could
> help if you're really annoyed by the page load times.

This is annoying because then I have to remember not to commit this
change.  It'd be nice if there was an env variable for this.  Is
there? :)

Cheers,
Danilo