Resubmitting bug notification LEP for approval

Hi all.  I have updated the bug notification LEP because I wanted specify what success looked like for the Yellow squad as clearly as I could.

Jono, could you take a look over, with an eye towards being able to give us a re-approval?  Moving items from "Nice to have" to "Out of scope" would be lovely as well, though as we discussed, I'm happy with saying that the "last responsible moment" can be later for making those decisions.

Deryck and the Yellow squad (especially Graham), could you also doublecheck to make sure you don't think I've misrepresented anything or indicated a problematic direction?

Brian, you were the stakeholder most quoted on the original LEP, so I wanted to particularly highlight the changes to you as well, and invite your comments.

Everyone else, hi. :-)

Note that there's some unspecified bits in the "Nice to Have" section.  As an example, option 2 of the "finer-grained event filtering" would need some thought, as would the performance implications of re-allowing structural subscriptions on distributions.

I'd like to highlight a few specific differences from the former (pre-Yellow-squad) plans, as I heard them verbally.

 * It merges the filters and subscriptions (as Deryck and I discussed the first day of the Thunderdome).
 * As a corollary, It allows people to have multiple structural subscriptions on the same bug target (where overlaps still result in a single notification).
 * It cuts a lot of formerly high/tagged bugs out of the critical path entirely (either by changing the importance or removing the tag).
 * It adds a discussion of how users might want to react to notifications they received, in addition to forward-looking actions.

Note that some important changes to the LEP, such as the declaration of subscription-from-search to be out of scope, had apparently already been made prior to the Yellow squad's entrance, without having been recorded here.

After the process of gaining Jono's re-approval, we'll turn to some user testing, both to examine our UI and to get additional direct stakeholder feedback on our planned features.

Thank you

Gary

Follow ups