Re: what do to with implemented LEPs

On 27 January 2011 07:55, John Arbash Meinel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it is good to at least make it clear when a LEP is
> abandoned/out-of-date. (This could be deleting it, renaming it to an
> 'old' state, marking 'this is now obsolete' at the top.)

Having a list of things that are at least mostly Done is also quite nice.

> The rest is bookkeeping that has some value, but also some cost. If
> people don't do it consistently, then you can't trust that any given LEP
> is up to date. Are people really going to be referring to an old LEP to
> figure out what to do next? Or are they just going to be submitting a
> new one.

Agree.  I think doing it proactively may not be worthwhile.  If
something is pushing you to do more work in a particular area it's
fairly easy to find the previous LEPs and winnow out of them whatever
was both good and not done yet.

I think of LEPs as being primarily documentation of a particular step
we want to make, as opposed to a complete up-to-date list of the
requirements and constraints on the system at the present time.

--
Martin