Re: Resubmitting bug notification LEP for approval

On Jan 28, 2011, at 1:09 PM, Brian Murray wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:09:22PM -0500, Gary Poster wrote:
>> Hi all.  I have updated the bug notification LEP because I wanted
>> specify what success looked like for the Yellow squad as clearly as I
>> could.

>> Jono, could you take a look over, with an eye towards being able to
>> give us a re-approval?  Moving items from "Nice to have" to "Out of
>> scope" would be lovely as well, though as we discussed, I'm happy with
>> saying that the "last responsible moment" can be later for making
>> those decisions.
>>
>> Deryck and the Yellow squad (especially Graham), could you also
>> doublecheck to make sure you don't think I've misrepresented anything
>> or indicated a problematic direction?
>>
>> Brian, you were the stakeholder most quoted on the original LEP, so I
>> wanted to particularly highlight the changes to you as well, and
>> invite your comments.
>
> Thanks for doing this.

Thank you for looking over it again.

>> Everyone else, hi. :-)
>>
>> Note that there's some unspecified bits in the "Nice to Have" section.
>> As an example, option 2 of the "finer-grained event filtering" would
>> need some thought, as would the performance implications of
>> re-allowing structural subscriptions on distributions.
>
> Being able to structurally subscribe to Ubuntu bugs is exactly what I,
> and likely the Ubuntu QA team, want to do.  I want to know about all the
> bug tasks that have been set to High or Critical for any Ubuntu
> package so that I can then evaluate them and if necessary bring them to
> the attention of the release team for Ubuntu by targeting them to a
> series / release.  I currently do this by parsing the ubuntu-bugs
> mailing list which gets email regarding all public bug reports.

Understood.  I have added your comment to the pertinent feature for Jono to consider, as well as a few notes from the conversation we had on IRC.  I also moved the feature back from "out of scope" to "nice to have".

> I can also imagine lots of ways people would want to be subscribed to
> bug reports about any package with a particular tag.

Me too.

Thanks again.

Gary