Re: CodeBrowse: The Path Forward

On 01/28/2011 07:40 AM, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I'm not sure if I've upset you here, but you can see what I actually
> changed with:

	Oh, no, sorry. Not upset. :-)

> d) global.css color scheme. I don't know if this is specific to
> Launchpad's color scheme or what. But they differed, and apparently the
> pqm global.css is newer than the one on trunk. I'm guessing it is a
> Launchpad-specific-configuration stuff.

	Oh, there are probably changes from global.css on trunk that do need to
be merged in, though. But yes, LP has a different color scheme than
standard upstream loggerhead.

> f) inventory.pt  Obviously still needs to be resolved a bit. Not 100%
> sure what needs to be done there, but we can sort that out.

	Yeah, I *think* you should just be able to take the trunk one for that,
and then after committing, do another commit to comment out the link to
the /raw/ controller.

> g) macros.pt, removes the search box. This I also don't understand, but
> if Launchpad doesn't want the search box...

	Perhaps codehosting doesn't have bzr-search installed.

> h) menu.pt, this looks like it adds a link to the launchpad help pages.
> Which certainly doesn't make sense to have in trunk loggerhead.

	Ah yeah, that's definitely a sensible -pqm customization.

> i) test changes, which was necessary to get the test suite to pass for me.

	Sweet. Those should probably go on trunk first, even, before the merge,
I'd think, no?

> I think the pqm branch has some site-specific customization changes for
> Launchpad. As such, it doesn't make sense to try and merge it into
> trunk, and it doesn't make sense to try and replace it 100% with trunk.

	Yeah, agreed. I particularly remembered the "Help" thing after our
earlier conversation here. But still, I'm pretty sure that nearly all
the textual conflicts you encounter should be resolved in favor of
trunk, if you merge trunk into -pqm.

	-Max
--
http://www.bugzillasource.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla, Perl, and IT Services