Re: bug expiry flag

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is bug expiry active yet?
> <http://blog.launchpad.net/general/enabling-automatic-bug-expiry> says
> bug expiry was going to be re-enabled in October, but it's not
> happening in bzr.

It's active for Ubuntu, but not everyone else.  I've just put in an RT
to update the cron entry to remove these restrictions.

We were only expiring 200 at a time and only for Ubuntu because of the
great number of bugs needing to be expired.  This limitation was
decided upon during QA to re-enable bug expiry to help control the
amount of mail and to make it easier to recover if we made some
mistake.  Things have been running smoothly for Ubuntu since November,
so I think it's safe to do this across all projects now.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge