Re: Third party JavaScript parts + skinning

On 02/11/2011 04:09 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM, William Grant
> <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I would really prefer that we stopped including external dependencies in
>> the tree. Is there some other way we can do it? sourcecode, maybe? Our
>> tree is for our code, not embedding everyone else's.
> Agreed; thats what eggs etc are for. As this is YUI, and lazr-js wraps
> UI, perhaps lazr-js is a decent initial approximation for these third
> party YUI widgets?

I would also agree.  In fact, we already have some gallery code in lazr-js.

However, in the next month or so, I have time scheduled to take all the
eggifying parts of lazr-js out, and make it strictly a javascript
library (all other parts will become their own projects).

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. This will all be easier once we have a combo loader, which we're
also quite close to having (Landscape already has it set up).