Re: optional reviews: thumbs up or down?

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, this has been an experiment for a while; I haven't done an
> analysis since late last year, but my sense has been moderate use and
> < 10% of landings via it ones where a review /might/ have found
> something wrong.
>
> We should either commit it to full status, or roll it back.

Based on the feedback here Francis has committed it to full status.
I've deprecated the experiment wiki page and folded the behaviours it
required into the main pre merge review docs.

There is a separate thing, do we want to do the same - optional
reviews - for 'UI' and "database" patches.

Given the current actual *and predicted best-case* latency we have on
DB changes I'm not keen on doing it for database patches.

For UI changes, Curtis was suggesting we remove/totally revamp that
system at the Epic. Curtis - what would you like to do - have you had
time to think about it more?

-Rob