Re: Packaging permissions redux

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 11:37 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> > Who is a qualified packager?
>
> Someone who has upload rights on a package in Ubuntu?

I think that is too strict. I think the majority of package linkers are
just users who checked that the urls of both entities were the same. I
could be wrong. I an not an uploader, I just read the data.

We would need to special case workflows too. When a users registers a
project from a package, we create the link. We also ask the user to do
it when registering a project during affect-bug. Oh and users can do it
when setting a bugwatch. In all cases, lose of functionality breaks
bridging the gap.

I do not think permission is or ever was the issue. A human can make a
mistake. Even if a motu gets it right, the project maintainer can change
the branch to something that is wrong a month later.

We can solve this by sanity checks.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/