Re: RFC: 5 second timeout for new pages

On Wednesday 30 March 2011 11:04:10 Martin Pool wrote:
> On 30 March 2011 20:59, John Arbash Meinel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > My concern with just a feature flag for new pages, is that someone has
> > to remember to set the "this is a new page" flag. Maybe it isn't that
> > hard to do.

Ditto.

> The same thing occurred to me.  I wonder if you could grep the page
> performance report to get a list of everything currently ever over 5s;
> whitelist them; then set the default to 5s?

This is a good start but I don't think it's going to be accurate enough.  I
know of at least 2 important pages that vary in performance greatly depending
on the context.  Perhaps averaging several days' performance reports will be
better though?

> The improvement in lp performance is just awe inspiring.

It's starting to become a pleasure to use.  What the heck? :)