Re: A beginner's request

Hi shibasish.

On Tue, 2011-04-12 at 22:18 +0530, shibasish wrote:
> I am a newbee in LINUX and currently using UBUNTU10.10.I am very much
> interested in contributing to GRUB,i want to make the boot-option
> screen
> to be graphical like it is in SUSE.I have a good knowledge of C and
> JAVA.As i am beginner i don't have enough knowledge of how to do it
> and
> have mere understanding of linux internals.I also don't know the
> proper
> mailing list to post this mail,inconvenience highly regreted..Helping
> hands are needed for the same as i am desparate to work on that and
> get
> the work done. Please help. Looking forward for the replies.

This is not the best list discuss Ubuntu contributions since this list
is largely dedicated to discussing the development of Launchpad.

You can learn about how to contribute to Ubuntu as a developer at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment>

There are a tremendous number of bugs reported against grub in Ubuntu.
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub> and I suspect the issue
you want to work is already reported. I think you should consider
joining <http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-discuss>
and discuss the bugs that you want to fix.

I am not familiar with grub development and packaging in Ubuntu. I
suspect that the changes you want to make is largely about applying a
patch in the grub source package to configure grub's presentation rules.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/