Re: 5, 9, 23, 51 and other numbers

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
<francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I realize 259 is a lot, enough that it is hard to get a handle on. Have
>> you gone through them at all to see if there are bulk-fixes, things that
>> are already fixed, etc. I'm certainly guessing there is a fair bulk that
>> are going to be similar in effort, and a really long tail of ones that
>> are hard to handle (like problematic timeout pages, etc.) It would be
>> interesting to get a feeling for where the knee of the curve is, though.
>>

> Robert has recently retriage those so would be in a better position to comment
> on the redundancy we have in the queue. The only one I know of is that a good
> number of the remaining timeouts seemed to happen in python land and could be
> related to the GIL problem. So hopefully should be fixed by us moving to a
> single-threaded deployment.

I think we do have a little inflation because the set is big enough to
not casually tell if something is in front or not; I'll do another
retriage of criticals only this week.

Tom Haddon tells me we are now live with no 4-threaded lpnet
appservers; we still have edge to deal with (and for that we're going
to move traffic off of it). I think we can close timeouts that are
only showing up on edge from here on in.

We can't start doing that for another 28 hours though - we need a
clean oops reporting period.

-Rob