Why do we set the rooturl in the xmlrpc configuration?

Hi folks,

The page performance report doesn't list any information for the XML-RPC host.
While investigating that issue, I found that the URL recorded in the logs for
requests to these hosts point to https://launchpad.net and not
https://xmlrpc.launchpad.net or https://xmlrpc.lp.internal

Which makes sense since the vhost.xmlrpc and vhost.xmlrpc-private have a
rooturl set to https://launchpad.net.

Does anyone know why this is the case? Is it that some of the XML-RPC methods
generate URLs (use canonical_url) and we need those to point to the web site?

(There is an exception, some methods to the /codeimportscheduler do have the
xmlrpc url recorded, not sure why, maybe these are using the IP/Port to
connect and that prevents the URL normalization?)

Any help appreciated

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx