Re: performance tuesday - the rabbit has landed

Le 14/05/2011 05:06, Jeroen Vermeulen a écrit :
> On 2011-05-11 10:13, Robert Collins wrote:
>
>> I suspect an easy migration target if folk want one would be to
>> migrate all the fire-and-forget jobs to trigger via rabbit (leaving
>> the payload in the db), by hooking a 'do it now' message into the
>> post-transaction actions in zope.
>
> It's exciting news.  We'll want to be careful in migrating jobs though:
> IIRC rabbit is nontransactional.

Hi,

RabbitMQ supports transactions, via the TX class. You just need to use a
version recent enough.

In Landscape, we don't use commits for publishing, and send the messages
after database commits, to make sure the rows are there. There is of
course a window where publishing can fail, but we would need to use 2pc
to take advantage of it, I think.

--
Thomas