Re: performance tuesday - the rabbit has landed

Le 14/05/2011 09:19, Robert Collins a écrit :
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Jeroen Vermeulen <jtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 2011-05-11 10:13, Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>>> I suspect an easy migration target if folk want one would be to
>>> migrate all the fire-and-forget jobs to trigger via rabbit (leaving
>>> the payload in the db), by hooking a 'do it now' message into the
>>> post-transaction actions in zope.
>>
>> It's exciting news.  We'll want to be careful in migrating jobs though: IIRC
>> rabbit is nontransactional. That means we'll still need some way for
>> consumers of jobs to recognize cases where the producer transaction aborted
>> after firing off the job.
>
> I believe 2pc is possible with amqp 0.10, but rabbitmq does 0.8 - and
> see the debate around 0mq for

Hi,

RabbitMQ does 0.9.1, which is not significantly better than 0.8, but
much simpler IMHO. If you looked at 0.8 at some point, look at 0.9.1 now
to get an updated view.

I also encourage you to look at RabbitMQ extensions, which are fairly
smart and intended to our use cases I think:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/extensions.html

In Landscape we use the timeout extension, which prevent unused queues
to stay in memory forever.

--
Thomas