Re: Performance tuesday: faster development

I would like to say thank you to both Robert and the entire Launchpad
development community, from architect all the way to beta testers and
bug reporters for the fantastic progress made so far.

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://dev.launchpad.net/ArchitectureGuide/ServicesAnalysis

I also want to publicly state my enthusiasm and support for shifting
to a services architecture like this. I believe this is crucial for
not only Launchpad, but all of the infrastructure that Canonical
operates if we are to flourish rather than collapse.

Folks at Amazon claim that services architecture is fundamental to
their ability to execute so well. You may be amazed to read about
services architecture in Jeff Bezos 2011 letter to the shareholders!
http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000119312511110797/dex991.htm
(paragraph 3)

I cannot state strongly enough how important it is that you, the
launchpad developers, embrace and drive this transformation, and I
look forward to playing along as it happens. I think it's going to be
tons of fun making the system absolutely scream and be a delight to
innovate with.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/