Launchpad project packages, blueprints, and karma

I recently went on a rampage to link all Ubuntu packages with the name
"launchpad" in them because users were linking packages to /launchpad
that have nothing to do with the code in the project.

While looking at the Launchpad project's front page,
<https://launchpad.net/launchpad>, I saw the teal squad placed 3 members
in the top-five contributors list.
/me high-five's his compatriots

Then I noticed that the new blueprints. I restrained myself from going
on another rampage. All the new blueprints are from users who wrongly
think Lp uses blueprints for development, and that blueprints and that
blueprints is a place to record ideas. Most the the blueprints were
created by Launchpad's core developers and are not important or in
progress as they have claimed for many years. I am sure out stakeholders
would have had us clubbed with spoons if we really worked on a feature
for 5 years without finishing it.

We could just turn off blueprints again, but I believe there hope is
that a real blueprint will will appear one day. In the mean time, I
suggest everyone mark the blueprint's Definition as obsolete (or
Implementation to implemented in the astronomically rare chance once has
been completed in the last 2 years) so that users do not see a list of
lies when visiting the blueprints pages.

Due to the inequities of karma, users who closes many may blueprints may
earn enough points to place in the top-five contributors list ;)
--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/