Re: Launchpad project packages, blueprints, and karma

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 17:23 +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> I keep toying with the idea of using blueprints to manage the LEPs[1].
> If all the current ones get marked as obsolete, and they don't appear
> on lists, that might be more conceivable.

So do I. I really want to plan features in Lp. My primary grievance with
blueprints is that they need to be atomic (done or not done), but a lot
of discipline is needed to break blueprints into deliverables that there
will be no disagreement that the blueprint is implemented. I also think
dependencies encourage duplication. A blueprint/use case can be a
dependency for many other super-blueprints, but one might say it is
essential and another would say it is optional.

I want to deliver the Disclosure set of features in two-week
installments. Each piece satisfies one or more stakeholder use cases. I
could create a blueprint for each use case/story we want to support with
the goal of seeing each start and complete in a two week period. These
blueprints would be the cards on Francis's stakeholder board. I would
link the bug/branches to the blueprint to help users see the activity
that is bring the blueprint to completion.

If we discover a use case/story is out of scope, we would either remove
it from the blueprint, possibly create a separate blueprint for it if
someone commit to delivering it on a different schedule.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/