Re: Launchpad persona in Launchpad

On 2011-05-24 00:17, Elliot Murphy wrote:

I think the same capability (of having an account used by a non-human
to read and write to launchpad) is needed by plenty of people outside
of launchpad (anyone using Tarmac), so a single celebrity user sounds
like a solution that would not solve this problem for everyone.

We're talking about entirely different things. I'm not trying to solve a problem for everyone, just for Launchpad itself. And I don't think there is a problem of Launchpad code not having the capability to read and write to Launchpad!

The specific problem at hand is that of Launchpad itself not existing as a person in Launchpad, but Launchpad's code sometimes doing things that require a Person object to represent itself.

Such a Person should be a celebrity because Launchpad code would need it as a fixed identity in several places.

Jeroen