Re: Workaround field to bug reports

On 2011-05-27 03:58, Robert Collins wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 3:02 AM, Paolo Sammicheli<xdatap1@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

I agree with some comments that, at the end, having the workaround in the description is
technically quite the same thing but it's not the same user experience for a new ubuntu
user reporting its first bug. A separate workaround field would be easier to be
recognized and founded with searches.

Firstly, our search is -hugely- complex. Adding another text field is
doable, but adding a specific search on just that text field would
make a poor UI worse IMNSHO. So I would encourage significant user

How important is it to be able to search a workaround though? If you wanted to find a workaround, wouldn't you normally search for the problem?

Jeroen