Re: A draft microservice for gpg verification

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:31 PM, John Meinel <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Certainly seems interesting. I wonder a bit how much web.py prescribes the
> tech (it includes its own templating, etc). But maybe for json-ish micro
> services their actual needs are small enough that it doesn't matter.
>
> Though how much is this better than a simple http handler...

https://dev.launchpad.net/ArchitectureGuide/ServicesRequirements is
worth cross referencing when thinking about such things. A simple http
handler may require more effort to reach the logging requirement, for
instance.

I have (as yet) no attachment to web.py; I wrote this to see how it
would feel for something nice and small - which many of our things
will be. The medium single-db db-connection logic things aren't likely
to work for us (just a feel) so I'm not worried about what a framework
does/does not offer in that regard.

-Rob