Re: A draft microservice for gpg verification

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This offers an extremely narrow interface - post a file, get a bson
> result back. Its almost shameful to admit it, but it was such a
> shallow thing I haven't got any tests [yet] :)

Which means the worst part about this approach was missed - the client
side is fugly. If we use raw HTTP as the transport (and in particular,
if we are posting raw data like this example rather than
url-form-encoded content that can use the nicer urllib/urllib2), we
really need client side libraries to handle all the error conditions
and make call sites readable. This is a negative compared to
approaches where the client library standard and libraries are
available (such as XML-RPC, although IIRC that still leaks HTTP error
codes)

In fact, I still can't work out how to send a request to this server
from Python...

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/