Re: Recruiting user testing participants while they're using Launchpad

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 17:23 +0100, Matthew Revell wrote:
> Do you have any suggestions of what would lessen the "spam" aspect of this?

Well, first of all limiting the popups to beta testers/members of the
ad-hoc team. This way, we are (almost) sure that the people who see such
popups know about them and won't be too much annoyed by them.

Then, I think that instead of a popup it'd be better to show a message
bar just above or below the widget of interest. Following your example
(comments for diffs) this "message bar" should be placed above/below the
text area for the comment.