Re: Etsy graphing using StatsD and Graphite

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gavin and I were talking earlier about how to set up graphing for Rabbit,
> since our tuolumne approach of "write a huge query on the database" won't work
> for figuring out queue lengths and other Rabbity stats.
>
> Apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread, but how do you think we could
> do that with current or future tools?

http://bitkickers.blogspot.com/2011/07/checking-rabbitmq-queue-sizeage-with.html

This shows a monitoring approach where nagios alerts if a threshold is exceeded,
the outputs from each sample could likely be broadcast to statsd
pretty easily. We'd need to get the managment plugin deployed (and
possibly packaged) for RabbitMQ, which is probably a good thing to do
anyway.
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/