Re: What should we do if a user's email addresses have all bounced?

This sounds pretty nice.

Uhm, I think folk would be surprised if we altered where we send all
their mail; particularly folk that wear a few hats / whatever - e.g.
imagine a 'check once a month' address, which suddenly gets 100's of
mails a day.

I think contacting folk on multiple addresses when we get close to
disabling / or when we have disabled their primary address makes
sense.

I think we have 3 categories of mail:
 - regular stuff
 - It looks like you are bouncing notifications
 - signup/reactivation mails

I guess I'm proposing that for regular stuff, when sending to an
address [not a person, because lists allow per-list address choices]
once its bad, we stop sending the mail altogether (but keep nagging
for a while about bounces)

For 'you look like your address is bouncing', we should probably try a
little beyond regular mail halting, in case they reactivate or were
filtering all bugmail for instance.

And for signup/reactivation stuff we need to ignore the bounce status
of an email address.

HTH, just broad thoughts - I like the direction you are taking this.
-Rob